Gastritis – an inflammation of the mucous layer of the stomach, resulting in dysfunction of the body.
If you have gastritis food starts poorly digested, leading to a decline in strength and energy of the body.
- Gastritis, like most diseases can be acute or chronic. But usually distinguish gastritis with low, normal and high acidity of the stomach.
- Currently gastritis disease can be called a century. Gastritis suffer both adults and children. And according to health statistics in US about 50% of the population has gastritis in any form.
- Gastritis is characterized by a variety of external and internal causes that provoke the development of disease. Clinically, it occurs in the form of inflammation (acute or chronic). Acute inflammation occurs briefly. Damage to the mucous membranes of the concentrated acids, alkalis, chemicals dangerous fatal.
Duration (chronic) disease flowing lowers the quality of life in the form of pain, too:
- heaviness in the stomach;
- diarrhea and / or constipation;
- flatulence – flatus;
The chronic form dangerous atrophy of the gastric mucosa. As a result, cancer of the stomach longer function properly. In place of the normal cells formed abnormal cells. Unbalance self-healing process of one cell causes ulcers, cancer of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Stomach – the most vulnerable parts of the digestive system. It takes at least three complex process of digestion, it is a primary: mechanical stirring the food coma, the chemical breakdown of food, absorption of nutrients.
- Most often damaged the inner wall of the stomach – the mucous membrane, where the development of two mutually exclusive components of digestion – gastric juice and the protective mucus.
- Digestion in the stomach – a finely tuned biochemical process of the body. This is confirmed in the normal acidic pH of gastric juice (its main component – hydrochloric acid), but also the difference between the parameters of acidity in its different parts. High acidity – pH 1,0-1.2 juice in the initial part of the stomach, low – pH 5.0-6.0 at the junction of the stomach to the small intestine.
- The paradox is that in a healthy person the stomach does not digest not only himself, but also gastric juice produced by glands in different parts of the stomach, has different properties. Thus esophageal pH is neutral, and in the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine) – alkaline.
- Unpleasant, painful sensation of human gastritis – heartburn in the first place, it is the result of violation of the acid-alkaline balance in one of the gastrointestinal tract. Furthermore, the deviation acid balance in parts of the stomach is the basis of the pathogenesis of gastritis with low or high acidity.
The gross impact on the digestive system: food or chemical poisoning, release of bile into the stomach, intestinal infections, regular intake of certain medications, carbonated beverages, alcohol, others a negative impact on the state of the walls of the mucous membrane. It proved a major impact on the development of microbial factor of gastritis.
- Short-term emergency impact on the process of digestion is limited clinical manifestations of acute inflammation:
Catarrhal gastritis associated with poor diet and light food poisoning. Fibrinous and necrotic gastritis frequently associated with poisoning by salts of heavy metals, strong acids, alkalis. Phlegmonous gastritis is caused by traumatic injury of the stomach wall.
Prolonged exposure to the weakened body finishes the development of chronic pathogenesis, aggravated ulcerative processes in the stomach wall. Gastritis may be precursors of cancer processes in the gastrointestinal tract.
The variety of manifestations of stomach gastritis in humans confirmed their complex classification. Detailed clinical appearances gastritis is critical for gastroenterologists the appointment of treatment procedures. In this case, an illustration of the different forms of the disease for the formation of the reader a general idea of gastritis.